The Bone Zone
1. The human skeleton has 206 bones. Which is the longest? ________________
|Second Destination: How Hearing Works
2. The smallest bones are those in our ears. What are their names? (There are three, and each has a plain, and a fancy name.)
______________ / ______________ _______________/_______________, _____________/____________
Third Destination: The Big Story on Bones
3. What makes up the inside portion of our bones? ______________________
4. What is it's purpose? _________________________________________
|Fourth Destination: Human Body Adventure - Skeletal System
5. Joints are what hold our bones together. There are two types: movable and immovable. A hinge joint is a type of movable joint found in ________________, _________________________, and _______________________________
6. Why do you think they are called hinge joints? ____________________________________________________________
|Fifth Destination: Neuroscience for Kids
7. Another word for the skull is the cranium. What is the most important job of the skull? ____________________________________________________
|Sixth Destination: Facts About Teeth
8. Human teeth are almost as hard as _____________________________
9. What were George Washington's teeth made from? (Hint: not wood!)
|Thanks to Scholastic.com and Instructor Magazine for this Internet Scavenger Hunt.
This page was last updated on
Thursday, February 22, 2007.
Homepage | Blackwell's Best | The Classroom | TangiTech |
Tech Tip | E-Mail Me
Although this page includes direct links to other Internet sites, the webmaster
does not necessarily endorse or support the information provided by those sites.
I have not developed and do not exert control over the content of such sites.vlb